Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Piece of Me


There are times that we don’t need any THING to make us feel okay. All need and all we want to have is a FRIEND who will be with us along the way and who will never give up on us, who will accept us despite all our imperfections, who encourage us, who will tell us if we are running the right track or the wrong one, and who will give us the chance to love and be loved unfailingly. Sad to admit, there are also times our very own friends are not available at all times that we need them. There are circumstances that we are left alone.

I remember my first month as freshman in college. I live in a dormitory wherein I know no one. I enrolled in a university wherein I also know no one. I am in a city wherein I know no one except my aunt and her family (the problem is I have no idea how to get in there place, they still have to fetch me because it’s far from my dormitory). I have no friends. I have no idea where to eat. I have no idea where the mall is. I have no idea what will happen to me but I just opened my heart to all the great possibilities that I could experience.



I went to the dormitory 2 or 3 days before the exact date of first day of school so I could adjust my daily routines. During the first week, I shed no tear because my friends in manila constantly texts me (thanks to them!), I also became friends with my roommate and I finally met my awesome block mates. But after that week, each night I couldn’t sleep unless tears ran down from my eyes. There were also mornings that as I walk to my class, I literally cry. Funny and weird but I just miss my home and miss everyone else.
So there, I survived one academic year and all not just because of programming myself that I have to be strong and I have to grow but also with the help of the new people around me and old people who prayed for me and with the help of our Best Ever Friend, God.

I socialized with my blockmates, discovered who were dormers too and befriended with 11 awesome people in the class. I joined a Christian Organization in our university. I attended different Christian Churches until I found a Church away from my real Church (haha, thanks to my chuababes!). And. And. And each time I arrived at my dormitory after school, I would talk to God about my day. I played music, wrote Him a letter, read His love letter, believed in His promises and finish the tasks I have to do.


Indeed, I am blessed. My first year of college is not as perfect as I imagined it would be but I don’t know, it’s just amazing. I learned so many things that this blog couldn’t contain but it’s my pleasure to share this one of the greatest lessons that I learned and at the same time I experienced. I have been hearing, sharing and believing that the son of God, Jesus Christ, is our greatest friend but not until after I reminisced how JC helped me go through it all that I really realized … He became my greatest friend. It’s hard to explain how but I am praying that you would experience it too. He loves you and He will never leave you. Unlike any other, He’s always available and He keeps His promises.


This is a piece of my blessed life and this is one of my life’s great testimonies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment