Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Enemy has been Defeated


The song Shout unto God randomly played while I write in my Dear God notebook. Then the words in this song uplifted my fearful heart…

The enemy has been defeated
And death couldn't hold You down
We're gonna lift our voice in victory
We're gonna make Your praises loud

Shout unto God with a voice of triumph
Shout unto God with a voice of praise
Shout unto God with a voice of triumph
We lift Your name up
We lift Your name up 

There are times when we experience fear and discouragement because some things that we expected did not happen or beforehand we already think that it is impossible to happen. But through this passage God reminded me that I must not fear (Psalm 62),

I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will never be shaken.
So many enemies against one man—
    all of them trying to kill me.
To them I’m just a broken-down wall
    or a tottering fence.
They plan to topple me from my high position.
    They delight in telling lies about me.
They praise me to my face
    but curse me in their hearts.
Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
    for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
    He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
    Pour out your heart to him,
    for God is our refuge. Interlude
Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind,
    and the powerful are not what they appear to be.
If you weigh them on the scales,
    together they are lighter than a breath of air.
Don’t make your living by extortion
    or put your hope in stealing.
And if your wealth increases,
    don’t make it the center of your life.
God has spoken plainly,
    and I have heard it many times:
Power, O God, belongs to you;
    unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.
Surely you repay all people
    according to what they have done.


Someone experienced before (decades ago) how great our God is. And I believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is able to perform miracles today and He is able to do things greater than what we thought and expected. It is just us. It is just who lacks faith. It is just us who changes. So from this moment, whatever status the eyes of this world give us (rich or poor, smart or average, healthy or sick, etc.) we must always remember that no one can ever stop us as long as God is with us. He must be the center of our lives that we are willing to give up our own dreams for His dreams, that we are willing to extend are hands to His people, that we are willing to move our feet to follow His steps and that we are willing to open our hearts so that He can come in and reign in our hearts forever.

HE DEFEATED THE ENEMY, IT IS JUST US WHO MUST BELIEVE, THAT HE IS OUR ONLY SAVIOR.

HE IS THE SUPER HERO OF ALL THE HEROES.

UNLEASH YOUR FAITH!!!

BOW DOWN AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE IS OUR LORD AND OUR SAVIOR.

 HE IS ALL WE NEED.

"TO BE THE PEOPLE YOU CALLED US TO BE"

No comments:

Post a Comment