Thursday, April 4, 2013

No Worries

This blog is all from my heart ;) because this one is tried and tested!

Before entering college there are so many things going on my mind. Like, where will I stay, who will be my friends/buddies, what should I expect, what church should I be attending to, and so many more. Worries and excitement all over because I will be leaving my comfort zone. I will be in a place wherein there's no body I know. A place wherein everything is new. A place that I am now calling "New 2nd Home".

But as I start living the days of the unknown, my questions were slowly answered. I stayed at a dormitory inside our university. I became friends with my block mates most especially with the 11 people that are now really close to my heart. I learned how to manage my time well so that with Christ who strengthens me I could do all things. I may not be the best but at least I did my best. I also attended varieties of churches that up until now I am still praying where should I really be attending to. But going to different churches, made me realize that in all these there is only one God that we are worshiping and praising. No matter how big the building is or how small it is, still there's only one name that is lifted up and it is God's name. 

I left my comfort zone and I am almost used with my new environment. Indeed, God's word is true and alive. Because, before leaving He left me this passage in Matthew 6:25-33...

 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


God is telling us each day not to worry about our future because life is more than eating, drinking, wearing designer's, being the boss or being the topnotch.  We should enjoy the days of our lives by fulfilling our purpose. Just like the birds of the air. They soar and they glide and they trust God with all their might. And God is saying that we are more valuable than they, meaning, He will never leave us nor forsake us. We just have to look at the other perspective because we gain nothing when we worry. It's like where sitting in a rocking chair, we're doing something but we're not moving. We should not work just because it is compulsory, this will only result stress. We should work out of love for our Creator and His people. And the little faith that we have must not remain in this state. We must exercise our faith that we believe in the things that we don't see yet. For the Lord our God, knows very well all our needs and He is ready to shower His blessings upon us. All we have to do is seek Him first... Do all things for Him (as we walk, talk, think, study, drink, eat, help others) so that His name will be glorified in our lives that when we are praised it is not ours it is God's and at the same time that we are mocked, it's not ours it's His. Each day we should be ready with life's challenges and believe that with God no one can stand against us.

"Knees shaking? Start kneeling." ;)

Time is not really enough for all the things this world demands but it is enough to do what God wants us to! 


Let us remember our Creator in the days of our youth! <3

Listen to Give Me Faith by Elevation Worship. 





No comments:

Post a Comment