Wednesday, April 3, 2013

In Good Times and In Bad Times

This blog is a random blog. :) 

Many people know and believe that God is Good when Good things happen but I am part of those few who don't believe in this assertion. Why? Because I believe that God is greater. 

God is a Great God because in Good Times and Bad Times He is WITH US.

You have searched me, Lord, 
and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise; 
 you perceive my thoughts from afar.


You discern my going out and my lying down;

    you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue

    you, Lord, know it completely.



You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?


    Where can I flee from your presence?



If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.


After reading this passage (Psalm 139:1-10), God revealed to me (once again) that His love for us is immeasurable.

He knows us very well (our thoughts, likes and dislikes, dreams, situation, etc.) because He is our Creator. He has plans for us that sometimes we don't seem to understand because it is contrary with the things that we are expecting. He is omnipresent --- in everyplace in the universe God is present. He is there to guide us, to save us and to comfort us.

In my seventeen years of existence, I have experienced God's love in several ways even if at many times I fail Him. He gave me my family who supports me all the way and who accepts me for who I am. He gave me my friends who sympathizes and rejoices with me. He gave me people who challenged my abilities and who unleashed the best in me. He gave me my leaders who guides me and who reminds me of my true purpose. He gave me another day to live. He blessed me with clothes, food, shelter --- man's basic needs. He blessed my studies and His hand is with me as I pursue my dream to be a doctor. 

He gave me the courage to face this world full of trials. He helped me passed all my examinations and requirements at school. He wiped my tears each time I cry. He took care of me whenever I am sick. He filled me with His love whenever I missed my mother's existence.

And with all these, He encouraged me to be His witness so that others will experience His love too. Out of love for God and for His people, I am doing my very best to extend my hand to those who are in need.

With God there is no such thing as too late, He has given you this day, this chance, this moment to once again run back to our First Love. It is not our biological father or mother. It is not our first boyfriend or girlfriend. Our real First Love is God. He is just waiting for us to once again acknowledge Him as our Lord and Savior.

And as we desire this, let's put Psalm 139:23-24 in our hearts...

Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

And expect that GOD IS ABLE TO DO GREATER THINGS IN GOOD TIMES AND IN BAD TIMES...

"GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD."


when is the time you experience God's greatness in your life? comment it so you could share it with us and bless other lives... <3

LISTEN TO CHRIS TOMLIN'S INDESCRIBABLE!!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment